Light powered carbon footprint up to 80% lower than battery powered
- Powered by two AAA batteries with one battery change
- Total 4 AAA batteries
- CO2 footprint for alkaline batteries: 107g1 for one alkaline AA battery with average weight of 23 g. AAA average weight is 12g => 55.8g CO2eq estimated per AAA alkaline battery
- Carbon footprint of 4 AAA alkaline batteries: 223g CO2eq
- LEH Active area: 13.2cm2
Electronic Shelf Labels
Light powered carbon footprint up to 85% lower than battery powered
- Powered by four CR2450 batteries with one battery change
- Total eight batteries
- Estimate of CO2 footprint for LiMnO2 batteries: 400g CO2eq per 49g LiMnO2 battery2. Rescaled carbon footprint to CR2450 (6.2g / battery): 50.6g CO2eq
- Carbon footprint of 4 CR2450 alkaline batteries: 202g CO2eq
- LEH Active area: 7.7cm2
1 Life Cycle Analysis of AA Alkaline Batteries, Hamade et. al, Procedia Manufacturing 43, 2020,415-422, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2020.02.193
2 Internal Thesis work at Epishine based on MSDS and rescaling of larger LiMnO2 batteries
Hear Jonas Bergqvist (CTO) explain the importance of high performance and reproducibility and how Epishine achieve this.
Sustainable electronics are the future
Swedish Epishine is launching their second revolutionary product to the market. Following their previous solar cells, the new OneCell has the same market-leading high performance in low-light, but with an added focus on design.
Smart buildings top industry player MClimate launches a wireless thermostat self-powered by Epishine’s indoor solar cell with leading performance in indoor light. The sensor measures temperature, movement, humidity, and lux all while being maintenance free.
Today’s fast-paced retail environment requires innovative digital solutions without compromising sustainability. Pricer, a leading supplier of shelf edge automation and communication solutions, will explore the possibilities of a new generation of advanced electronic shelf labels (ESL) making them self-powered through light in partnership with Swedish Epishine.